Did you know?
- Europe bans over 1,300 harmful chemicals from personal care products. The United States bans 11. (Sources: EU Cosmetic Directive 2013; FDA 2015, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics)
- A woman is exposed to 168 chemicals, on average, before she leaves the house in the morning. Think soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, cosmetics, etc. (Source: EWG – Environmental Working Group)
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will get cancer in their lifetime. 1 in 68 U.S. children (1 in 42 boys) have been identified with autism spectrum disorder. More than 5 million Americans live with Alzheimer’s with a projected increase to over 7 million by 2025. (Sources: American Cancer Society, 2015 Facts & Figures; CDC, 2014; 2014 Alzheimer’s disease Facts & Figures)
- Many personal care and home products contain harmful ingredients (allergens, carcinogens, neurotoxins and endrocrine disruptors) which may be hazardous to your health.
What you can do:
- Learn about the “worst offender” in harmful ingredients
- Start by making small changes to products you use every day.
- Ask questions – and always keep learning!
I will soon be offering a free downloadable chart that you can use as your cheat sheet. This chart will contain a list of harmful ingredients to avoid and will provide you with information on why it is harmful.
I welcome any information you have to share with me on various products or chemicals that may be harmful. In the meantime, feel free to join my free community on Facebook and start the discussion with others on the harmful chemicals in our personal and home care products. You can join the Non Toxic Blog Community Here.
Until next time, Stay SAFE!